1/1 Photo of Creamy Parmesan Orzo With Bacon
This is a delicious side dish. Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta that can be purchased anywhere pasta is sold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon (you can drain the bacon fat or leave it).
- 2Melt 2-3 tablespoons butter, then add in onions and garlic; saute until soft (about 5 minutes).
- 3Add in the orzo and stir for about 2 minutes.
- 4Slowly add in the 4-1/2 cups broth; simmer uncovered until the orzo is firm-tender and the broth is absorbed, stirring occasionally (this should take about 7-8 minutes).
- 5Add in whipping cream and bring to a simmer.
- 6Mix in Parmesan cheese and thyme, then cooked bacon.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8*NOTE* you can thin with additional broth if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Parmesan Orzo With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 938.0
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 1646.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 36.1 g