Recipe by rgimberg
This is one of our favorite side dishes. It is really creamy and quite delicious! It is a recipe that I got from my Grandmother-in-law. Ive kinda changed it around a bit to suit our tastes. Enjoy!!!
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth, warmed. (I like campbells)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- heat the olive oil in a skillet over about medium-high heat.
- add onion and saute for a few minutes
- add garlic and orzo pasta and saute until the orzo is starting to brown slightly.
- add a dash of salt and pepper. BE CARFUL WITH THE SALT! with the chik. broth and parmesan cheese it will be to salty if you add too much.
- Start adding the warmed chicken broth a little at a time letting it evaporate before you add more. Do this with about half of the chicken broth and then pour in the rest of it.
- Let this come back to a simmer.
- cover and reduce heat to low.
- simmer for about 30 minutes or until orzo is al dente.
- Just before serving add parmesan cheese to taste. I use a couple of palms full.