If you prefer a lot of sauce, then just double the ingredients, a can of sliced drained mushrooms may be used in place of fresh, but fresh is always better to use.
- Prepare a large serving dish or plate (make certain that it has high sides to hold the sauce from spilling).
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown and cook the chicken breasts in oil on both sides until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through.
- Place the cooked chicken in the serving dish.
- In the same frypan, saute the onions, garlic and fresh mushrooms in 1/4 cup butter until onions are soft (about 4-5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with flour; stir until coated (about 1 minute).
- Add in cream or milk (if using) bring to a boil simmer for about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- And pour the sauce over chicken in serving dish.
- Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Serve this on top of cooked linguini or spaghetti pasta.
This went over pretty well. I cubed the chicken prior to cooking but other than that followed recipe exactly. We love mushrooms and that was definately the dominate flavor for us.
I make something close to this only I add frozen stir fry vegetables instead of mushrooms. I did enjoy it done this way! This is also very easy to put together and with a glass of wine a perfect dinner.
I thought this was delicious! Use tbe 'better' parmasean for a sharper, more delicious flavor.