Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another deliciously different way to serve mashed pototoes
Make and share this Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Place potatoes in stock pot with 1 tbsp salt and enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and simmer potatoes for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Heat half-and-half and butter in a small sauce pan until butter is melted.
- Add warm mixture to potatoes, and mash with potato masher until smooth- (mine are never perfectly smooth) Fold in sour cream, Parmesan and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If the potatoes seem thick, you may add a bit more cream and/or butter until the texture suits your taste.
You should have heard the MMmmMM's and YUMMMMS! I got out of my family when they started eating dinner. Everyone kept asking what was different about the potatoes... what did I put in them to get this... different and tasty flavor! I said.. PARM CHEESE!!! They really loved these potatoes!!!! I did too...they are fabulous! Ive never added parmesan cheese to mashed potatoes before, but I definitely will again!!! There was just a perfect about of half and half and butter... I didnt need to add any extra :-) A bit of salt and pepper, and TADAA!!! delicious mashed potatoes :-)
These potatoes were absolutely scrumptious. At first I thought it would be too much milk (I used 2%) but that's what made them so good! I served them with blackeyed peas. Very good, indeed. I also used Brummel & Brown Spread instead of butter.
Outstanding! Outstanding! Who would of thought that Parmesan Cheese would make such a difference in mash potatoes. To keep the calories down, I used skim milk, low-fat butter, and nonfat sour cream. I will continue to make my mash potatoes with this recipe.