Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Another deliciously different way to serve mashed pototoes
Top Review by love4culinary
You should have heard the MMmmMM's and YUMMMMS! I got out of my family when they started eating dinner. Everyone kept asking what was different about the potatoes... what did I put in them to get this... different and tasty flavor! I said.. PARM CHEESE!!! They really loved these potatoes!!!! I did too...they are fabulous! Ive never added parmesan cheese to mashed potatoes before, but I definitely will again!!! There was just a perfect about of half and half and butter... I didnt need to add any extra :-) A bit of salt and pepper, and TADAA!!! delicious mashed potatoes :-)
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled or
- 3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled (your choice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon salt, for boiling water,plus
- 2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in stock pot with 1 tbsp salt and enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and simmer potatoes for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Heat half-and-half and butter in a small sauce pan until butter is melted.
- Add warm mixture to potatoes, and mash with potato masher until smooth- (mine are never perfectly smooth) Fold in sour cream, Parmesan and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If the potatoes seem thick, you may add a bit more cream and/or butter until the texture suits your taste.