Recipe by JustJanS
I had never eaten leeks until I met my husband, so this is his recipe. It's nice and quick and easy.
Top Review by vverkin925
This is an excellent prepartion for one of my favorite "veggies". Next time I will cut back on the cream and parmesan since it was a little too rich for my taste. Better yet, I'll had more leeks and have MORE! Well Done Jan S!
- 2 leeks, washed well and thinly sliced (white only)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- cracked black pepper, plenty of it
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the leeks, water and butter in a saucepan with a tightly fitting lid.
- Bring quickly to the boil, then turn the heat as low as you can, and cook for about 15 minutes, checking the liquid and stirring a couple of times.
- Stir in the cream and heat, then fold in the parmesan cheese and serve.