Recipe by sofie-a-toast
The most flavorful polenta I've ever had! I like this with a veggie ragout on top.
Top Review by PaulaG
Yummy and delicious. I increased the recipe to serve 6 and served it topped with Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions. Everyone said it was very creamy with lots of flavor. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth or 1 quart low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup polenta (coarse ground cornmeal)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1 In a medium-large pot melt the butter over medium high heat until the foam subsides. Add the garlic. Cook for a minute. Add the broth. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- 2. Slowly sprinkle in the polenta, whisking as you pour. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 20 to 25 minutes stirring frequently until the polenta is thickened and soft to taste.
- 3. Turn off heat and stir in pepper and parmesan. Serve immediately or pour into a 9x13 inch pan to set. Once cool, cut polenta into squares.