1/2 Photos of Creamy Parmesan Flans
1 hr 25 mins
From BBC Food's 'Rachel's Favourite Foods'. They looked so simple, few ingredients, yet tasty and elegant. Can't wait to try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the milk and cream to a bubble (do not boil).
- 2Add bay leaves and garlic, turn off heat, place lid on saucepan, and leave to infuse (for approximately 1/2 hour or longer).
- 3Whisk together the eggs and egg yolks.
- 4Pour milk mixture over eggs very slowly while whisking.
- 5Strain through a sieve (this removes any left over unconstituted egg "bits" and makes for a smoother, glossier end-product).
- 6Add grated parmesan and salt and pepper.
- 7Pour into 4 individual ramekin dishes and place in a bain-marie (see note below).
- 8Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes until set at the edges but still slightly "jiggly" at the centres.
- 9Upend onto serving plates and serve with a side garnish of olive oil-dressed rocket leaves.
- 10Note: For our beginner cooks, place the ramekins in another container into which you can pour hot water such that the water comes up to about halfway up the ramekin dishes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Parmesan Flans
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.2
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 376.0 mg
- Sodium 548.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 20.7 g