Recipe by Marie
This is a great casserole side dish that can be prepared ahead and baked before serving. Easy and delicious!
Top Review by Britt O's sweetie pie
Made this for Thanksgiving and it was loved. I was not quite sure about the roux and ended up using more butter than you called for but it was excellent. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place corn and half and half in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Meantime, in another saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour and let cook for about 2 minutes to make a roux.
- Add salt and pepper.
- When corn comes to a boil, stir in butter/flour roux.
- Stir gently to combine and allow to bubble slightly.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.