Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great casserole side dish that can be prepared ahead and baked before serving. Easy and delicious!
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place corn and half and half in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Meantime, in another saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour and let cook for about 2 minutes to make a roux.
- Add salt and pepper.
- When corn comes to a boil, stir in butter/flour roux.
- Stir gently to combine and allow to bubble slightly.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.
Made this for Thanksgiving and it was loved. I was not quite sure about the roux and ended up using more butter than you called for but it was excellent. Thanks for posting.
my boyfriend and I both loved this! i substituted skim milk for the half-and-half, and ommitted the butter. it still tasted rich, and was quite filling! i will definitely be making this again, this is a great way to prepare corn. thanks for posting
My kids love corn, so I knew this would be a hit. It made a few more dishes than I wanted to wash but nothing worth while is ever easy, right? ;) Next time I will make half this since for us it lasted 3 meals. I may add some colby cheese mixed in too for a little zip. Thanks for another yummy recipe!