Recipe by Newly Mrs. Johnson
This is an amazing, creamy, savory pasta dish. NOT for those on a diet. The virginia sweet ham with the parmesan cheese make a great pair. You can substitute any flavor stuffed tortellini for the cheese that I use. I use the filled Buitoni tortellini in the refridgerated section.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices ham, diced
- 24 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 530 g cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil tortellini according to packages.
- Melt butter in large high sided skillet over medium high heat.
- Add ham to pan and cook through.
- Add heavy whipping cream and heat for 7-8 minutes stirring regularly.
- Sprinkle two dashes of nutmeg and add parmesan cheese and stir inches.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add drained tortellini to sauce before serving.