Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is great served over almost any vegetable or cooked pasta. I have also made this on the stovetop. Just stir continuously for about the same amount of time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (use a good grade of parmesan cheese, not the bottled stuff)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash pepper
- cooked pasta or cooked mixed vegetables, to serve
- Microwave cream cheese, milk and parmesan cheese in 1-quart microwave safe container.
- Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 6-8 minutes or until sauce is smooth, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta or serve over cooked veggies.
- You may want to add some garlic, extra pepper, or other spices because this is a very mild cheese sauce. I have used a couple of cloves of garlic sauted in a little butter, when I cook it on the stove, and really like it that way also.
Made this sauce as directed, did sauté the garlic in butter as recommended.....what can I say? Blah. It tasted like melted cream cheese which is not what I was hoping for from a Creamy Parmesan sauce recipe.
Sorry, Should have noticed the Stars for my review, of course 5
I cut down on the cream cheese (about 6 oz.), added some minced garlic, green onions, sliced mushrooms and served over and angel hair pasta....YUMMO! Made for Zaar Alphabet Tag game.