Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Broccoli is good done so many different ways...here is a delicious creamy recipe that is great served for a family dinner, even people that dislike broccoli will love this!
Top Review by Ang11002
This was SO good and low carb too!!! We had this for my moms bday dinner with steak and twice baked potatoes (which I didnt partake of). Everyone liked it, even my 10 yr old. Woohoo! So its kid friendly too:) Thanks Kit. I always know I have a winner with you!
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen broccoli florets or 1 (1 lb) package fresh broccoli, cooked firm-tender and well drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, hellman is good (not salad dressing)
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions (don't over cook); drain.
- Place the broccoli in prepared baking dish; drizzle with oil, or butter (if using).
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, and all the remaining ingredients, except the chopped nuts; mix well, spoon over broccoli.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until sauce begins to bubble and lightly brown.
- Sprinkle with nuts (if using).