Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from www.greengiant.com
Top Review by Marianne in Switzerland
Minus one star for slightly boring colours. I added grated carrots, and that gave it a great "sparkle". I left out the olive oil, just tossing everything together carefully with a spoon. Also, steamed the broccoli - when water comes to the boil, only 3-4 minutes, so that you keep some of the yummy crunchiness and vitamins.
- 1 (1 lb) packagegreen giant select frozen broccoli spears or 1 (14 ounce) packagegreen giant select frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Cook broccoli as directed on package. Drain. Place in ungreased 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish or 2-quart casserole.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the cheese; toss to coat.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup cheese and all remaining ingredients except pine nuts; mix well.
- Spoon over broccoli.
- Bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until sauce begins to bubble and brown.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.