Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a healthier version of Alfredo. If you want it a little thicker, reduce the half and half to 3/4 or 1/2 cup. The Parmigiano-Reggiano is the secret to this great tasting alfredo. Feel free to add garlic salt or fresh garlic.
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese (softened and cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (grated)
- pepper (to taste)
- Heat half and half, cream cheese, margarine, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and pepper in a saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat until smooth.
Great recipe!! My kids love it!