Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A lovely dish of hungarian origins,
Make and share this Creamy Paprika Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 2 large frying chickens, cut into serving pieces
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 4 -6 tablespoons sour cream, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream, room temperature
- Melt butter in deep heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken in batches and brown on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and paprika to skillet, cover and cook stirring occasionally until onion is soft but not browned., about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and green peppers.
- Arrange chicken over top and cover and simmer (move heat to low) until chicken is cooked through about 20 minutes.
- If the sauce seems thin, remove chicken and reduce to desidered consistency.
- Stir in sour cream and whipping cream, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.