Recipe by Chef Art
Who knew that you could make creamy, delicious polenta in the oven without ever having to stir it! Make this once and you'll never make polenta any other way!
- 1 cup cornmeal (medium-coarse or coarse, preferably organic stone-ground, NOT instant)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 3-qt. non-stick ovenproof skillet.
- Pour in the cornmeal, milk, and chicken broth and stir with a fork until blended. (The mixture will separate and take more than half the cooking time to come together). NOTE: Do not use instant polenta. Also, try to avoid using very fine cornmeal - it does not come out as well.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Stir the polenta once, taste, add salt if needed, and bake for another 10 minutes. NOTE: Do not add too much salt - adding parmesan cheese later will make it more salty.
- Remove from the oven and let the polenta rest in the pan for 5 minutes. Stir in butter, cheese, and chives and serve.