Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Something different from the same-old same-old. Hope you try them! They're really good!
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 pcs. cooked til crisp, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sweet baby ray's barbecue sauce (or your favorite)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- In large bowl combine 1-1/2 cups of the cheese and rest of the ingredients except potatoes.
- Fold in potatoes well.
- Spoon into a greased 9” square pan, making sure potatoes are laying nicely, cover and bake at 350º for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle top with rest of cheese and paprika, and let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. 4-6 servings.
I prepared this exactly as written but I'm afraid that four out of four adults at my house did not really care for this at all. I was really hoping everyone would, especially since Sweet Baby Ray's is my favorite bbq sauce.
Wildflour, I think you're one of my favorite 'zaar chefs! Your recipes are simple, hearty and just a little different. They accomodate my pantry very well, allowing for my own little tweaks and adjustments. This was a recipe I wasn't sure about, but decided to give it a go since I had everything on hand. Wasn't crazy about it at first, but, by golly, it grew on me! It's even better the second day, if you can make it last that long. And I'm thinking it would be great with some sharp smoked cheddar and maybe a chipotle pepper. Thanks for sharing!
My son who will not eat scalloped anything loves this!!!! Asked me to make it again!!! I followed the recipe as but forgot the bacon (will add next time). Great flavour. I think next time I will try this in the slow cooker and finish with the cheese under the broiler. TY!