Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious extra creamy rice, if you like a little heat then add in a pinch cayenne pepper --- I have made this using converted long grain rice instead of aborio, it turned out well but the Aborio is much better to use --- you may use fresh sauteed mushrooms in place of canned or use frozen peas instead of mushrooms --- do not add in any extra salt until the rice has finished cooking, and add in only if needed --- this recipe may be doubled :)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 78.07 ml onion, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml uncooked white arborio rice
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 354.88 ml chicken stock (or use half of each) or 354.88 ml water (or use half of each)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese (more to mix in after cooking if desired)
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 283.49 g can sliced mushrooms, well drained (can use 1/2-3/4 cup frozen peas in place of mushrooms)
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a medium oven-proof saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- In a large bowl combine the soup with chicken stock or water, milk, Parmesan cheese and black pepper until well combined; set aside.
- In the saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in onion and cook for about 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in rice and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in the mushroom soup mixture and drained mushooms; stir with wooden spoon to combine.
- Cover with a lid and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir well then place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Season with more Parmesan cheese is desired.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving (the mixture will thicken up more upon standing).
This was fantastic and ever so easy. Used long grain rice and fresh mushrooms because it's what I had on hand. Also added a dash of cayenne pepper as suggested. WOW! I will never hestitate to make risotto again. Thank you.
This is just the yummiest stuff ever! So creamy and really not difficult to make. Made some to take to a friend with a new baby. Thankfully I saved some for us. We used the frozen peas as I'm not a big fan of mushrooms. Also used a blend of Parmesan and Asiago and Romano cheeses as that's what I had on hand. I bought arborio rice for this recipe and it was fantastic. Putting this in my favorites folder! Thanks, Kittencal. Hope you are well. :)
Well this is another one of your winners Kitten all I can say about this is make it you are going to love this rice, keep them coming Zaar queen!