1/2 Photos of Creamy Oven-Baked Risotto
This is a delicious extra creamy rice, if you like a little heat then add in a pinch cayenne pepper --- I have made this using converted long grain rice instead of aborio, it turned out well but the Aborio is much better to use --- you may use fresh sauteed mushrooms in place of canned or use frozen peas instead of mushrooms --- do not add in any extra salt until the rice has finished cooking, and add in only if needed --- this recipe may be doubled :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked white arborio rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or use half of each) or 1 1/2 cups water (or use half of each)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (more to mix in after cooking if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained (can use 1/2-3/4 cup frozen peas in place of mushrooms)
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Prepare a medium oven-proof saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- 3In a large bowl combine the soup with chicken stock or water, milk, Parmesan cheese and black pepper until well combined; set aside.
- 4In the saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- 5Add in onion and cook for about 4 minutes or until translucent.
- 6Add in rice and stir for 2 minutes.
- 7Add in the mushroom soup mixture and drained mushooms; stir with wooden spoon to combine.
- 8Cover with a lid and place in the oven.
- 9Bake for about 25 minutes.
- 10Remove the lid and stir well then place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 11Season with more Parmesan cheese is desired.
- 12Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving (the mixture will thicken up more upon standing).
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Oven-Baked Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.5 mg
- Sodium 584.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.5 g