1/3 Photos of Creamy Orzo With Ham and Peas
A creamy, cheesy pasta dish you can eat with a spoon. Serve with green salad and garlic bread. Great comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a heavy large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo and cook until tender,about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic, and saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
- 3Add the ham and cook until they are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the half and half and peas. Add the orzo and toss to coat.
- 5Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the Parmesan to the pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- 6Stir in some reserved cooking liquid until pasta is desired consistency.
- 7Season the orzo with salt and pepper, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Orzo With Ham and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 894.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 26.2 g