Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My Mom found this on another cooking website. It is a different kind of Orangesicle pie as this one is baked in the oven. I have yet to try it but it is getting made for the Fourth of July and it sounds yummy! Update: Oh my this is a keeper!!! It is very creamy and tasty and most definately a summer recipe. It's even better if you top with some whipped cream and orange zest!
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, egg yolks, orange juice and zest; mixing well.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fold in the mandarin oranges.
- Spread evenly on pie and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool, chill 4 hours before serving.