Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a pleasantly creamy dressing ideal on a lunch or dinner salad made with cooked chicken or turkey, along with salad greens and some orange slices. It might go nice with tuna, as well.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk (lowfat is fine)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed, if possible)
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- In a medium-sized pot, combine sugar, flour and salt; slowly whisk in evaporated milk (the little can), orange juice and egg.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, just until dressing just comes to a boil and begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and pour into a covered jar.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Ideal served on a salad made with cooked chicken and tinned mandarin orange slices.
Easy, very creamy, but no "zing". Rather bland. I added a Tbs. of apple cidar vinigar and a bit of orange zest. Much better!