Recipe by icetea
You will love this refreshing orange ice cream pie! it has a cookie crust and orange sherbet filling. it is delish!! It needs to freeze for 4-6 before serving.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelopebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 pints Orange sherbet
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F In medium bowl, stir cookie mix and butter until well mixed (mixture will be crumbly).
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; set aside. In ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate, press remaining mixture over bottom and up side of plate; prick with fork. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, on ungreased cookie sheet, sprinkle remaining crumb mixture. Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until edges of crumb mixture begin to brown. Cool on cookie sheet, about 30 minutes.
- While crust and crumb mixture are cooling, place sherbet and ice cream in refrigerator to soften. Scoop half of softened sherbet over crust; spread to cover crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crumbs. Scoop all of softened ice cream over sherbet and crumbs; spread to cover. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crumbs. Scoop remaining half of sherbet over ice cream and crumbs. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup crumbs. Freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours or overnight. Let stand 15 minutes to soften before cutting.