Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice (start with 1/8 cup and add more as needed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth.
- Add the citrus rinds and juices and beat until the frosting is very smooth.
Sharlene~W, SUPER FANTASTIC EASY ICING!!!!!! Needed a quick and easy Lemon Icing recipe. I increased recipe to make three cups, and change all oranges to lemons.
This frosting is delicious, but I haven't yet managed to get it thick enough. :-(
This was the perfect complement to my orange poppyseed cupcakes! This is a very easy recipe and makes a lovely frosting. I just used the zest and juice of one tangelo and the zest of one lemon.