Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is not your everyday peach pie! The amount of sugar stated will give you a semi-sweet pie if you like a sweeter filling then add in more sugar. Prep time does not include making the pie pastry. Although I have only made this using peaches you might want to give it a try using apples ;-) Serve this topped with vanilla ice cream
Top Review by ArtistsFoodPalette
Excellent! I made this with one and a half quarts of fresh canned peaches from this summer. We took our first bite Christmas Eve and looking forwards to a second piece if any is left! It has this very tastey light crunchy topping. Very nice recipe and different from anyother I have made for Peach Pie. Nice change.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 5 -6 cups fresh peaches (skinned and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 prepared pie pastry (to fit a 9 or 10-inch deep dish pie plate)
- 1 small egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9 or 10-inch deep-dish pie plate with prepared pastry.
- Brush beaten egg over the bottom and around the sides of the inside of the pastry (this will prevent a soggy crust).
- Toss the peaches with cinnamon and nutmeg, then place the sliced peaches onto the crust.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer cream butter with sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add in egg and flour; beat until combined, then spread the mixture over the top of the peaches.
- Place the pie dish onto a a large piece of heavy-duty foil or onto a baking sheet (to catch any spills).
- Set oven rack to bottom position.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour.
- Let sit at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes or more before slicing.