Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I tried this recipe for the firat time this evening. My children and I all like it very well. My husband is my picky eater!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine (1/4 stick)
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- parsley (to garnish)
- In 2 quart microwave safe casserole, place butter or margarine.
- Heat, covered with paper towel on High (100 percent power) 45 seconds or until melted.
- To melted butter or margarine, add onions and rice; stir to coat.
- Cook on High 3 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Add broth and mix well.
- Cook, covered, on High 15 to 17 minutes, until broth is almost completely absorbed and rice is tender, stirring occassionally.
- Into onion-rice mixture, stir cream, salt, pepper aand shredded cheese.
- Spoon mixture into warmed serving dish.
- If you like, and dish is broiler-safe, brown under preheated broiler.
- Garnish and serve.