I tried this recipe for the firat time this evening. My children and I all like it very well. My husband is my picky eater!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 2 quart microwave safe casserole, place butter or margarine.
- 2Heat, covered with paper towel on High (100 percent power) 45 seconds or until melted.
- 3To melted butter or margarine, add onions and rice; stir to coat.
- 4Cook on High 3 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- 5Add broth and mix well.
- 6Cook, covered, on High 15 to 17 minutes, until broth is almost completely absorbed and rice is tender, stirring occassionally.
- 7Into onion-rice mixture, stir cream, salt, pepper aand shredded cheese.
- 8Spoon mixture into warmed serving dish.
- 9If you like, and dish is broiler-safe, brown under preheated broiler.
- 10Garnish and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Onions And Rice
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 558.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g