Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
So easy, only four ingredients, and you are going to hear some major compliments!
- 5 medium yellow onions
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Cut the onions in quarters (hold your breath and you won't cry) and process them briefly in your processor. Stir the onions into the melted butter in a deep frying pan over low heat. Cover the pan and cook gently until very soft, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool down a bit before pureeing them in your blender (in two batches).
- Pour the puree into a large sauce pan, stir in the whipping cream and reheat but don't boil. Salt and pepper to taste and fill those bowls.
- Add crisp croutons and a sprinkle of parsley to each bowl of this heavenly soup and wait for the compliments.