A somewhat comfort food. This, as almost any hot soup, is good on those chilly fall and winter nights.
- Saute onions until tender and golden.
- Add Oxo cubes, boiling water, tarragon& potato.
- Simmer, uncovered, until potato is cooked (20 min?).
- Puree in a blender or use a hand blender if available.
- Return to pot, add vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stir in cream (salt& pepper and some green parsley as well).
- Serve and top with cheese cubes and chopped peanuts.
Awesome. Loved the addition of the peanuts for garnish. I made this as written, just adding a bit of salt and pepper. We thouroughly enjoyed this and look forward to having it again. Thanx!
that was the best soup ive ever had.now i make it for my family twice a month