This is a fantastic hors d’oeuvre! This recipe is from Paula Deen, and she loves mayonnaise. The canapes also taste wonderful topped with a little extra of the cream cheese mixture in place of the mayonnaise. Everyone loved these -- I hope you do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Caramelize the onions by sautéing them in oil until they are brown and slightly sticky -- about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Cut the bread into 2" rounds, using a drinking glass or biscuit cutter.
- 4Toast one side of the bread.
- 5Season the cream cheese with Worcestershire Sauce, seasoned salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and paprika.
- 6Spread the cream cheese mixture on the toasted side of the bread rounds.
- 7Top the center with caramelized onions. Frost with mayonnaise and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- 8Bake until toasted and bubbly -- about 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Onion Canapes
Serving Size: 1 (979 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 86.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g