Recipe by 1girl2dogs
A delish recipe from the Pampered Chef! (Hence the references to various Pampered Chef Products) Since I don't have the recipe book, I'm going to put it on Recipezaar for safekeeping. Please comment if Prep/Cook times are incorrect. Enjoy!
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 (7 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, undrained
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (5 1/4 cups)
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1 head broccoli (2 cups small florets)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (NeufchÃƒ tel)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- snipped fresh basil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice garlic using Color Coated Paring Knife. Place garlic and 1 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes into (8-qt.) Stockpot.
- Cook garlic over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until garlic is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add broth. Return to burner; increase heat to high.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; cover and simmer vigorously 8-10 minutes or until pasta is almost cooked but still firm, stirring occasionally using Mega Scraper.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli into small florets; place into Classic Batter Bowl. Cut carrots in half lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise on a bias using Santoku Knife.
- Drain sun-dried tomatoes; pat dry with a paper towel. Slice tomatoes into thin strips. Add carrots and tomatoes to batter bowl.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes. Add vegetables, cream cheese, salt and black pepper to Stockpot.
- Stir until cream cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately in Simple Additions Dots Large Round Bowl.
- If desired, top with grated fresh Parmesan cheese and snipped fresh basil.