Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
You know the story. You go to the store and buy that variety pack of instant oatmeal. The kids get their favorite flavor and you're stuck with the bag of regular. ICK Here is a way you can jazz up that bag of regular instant oatmeal.
- 1 (28 g) packetinstant oatmeal
- 2⁄3 cup water or 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons smuckers low-sugar raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- raspberries, fresh
- Prepare oatmeal according to package microwave directions using water or milk.
- Swirl preserves with a spoon throughout warm oatmeal.
- Dollop with whipped topping and top with a few fresh raspberries.
- Serve warm.
I love the unflavored instant steel cut oats Oat Revolution makes because there are so many possible additions to create whatever flavor you feel like (different jams, s'mores, etc.), so was glad to find and try this recipe since I have never made my oatmeal this way. It was quite good, especially the touch of whipped cream (I used nonfat) - which I am pretty sure I used more than a tablespoon of. Thanks for a new idea for my morning oatmeal!
Great way to get a good healthy breakfast and it tastes good, too! It would be great with most any jam. :) Thanks, Charlotte J!
Such a simple recipe but very tasty. I never thought of putting jelly in oatmeal. My son and I eat oatmeal almost every morning and this was something different. We do like the fresh fruit better but this was a nice change. I followed the recipe other then I used black raspberry jelly a friend made. Thanks Charlotte!