Recipe by Parthenia
A decadent twist to oatmeal.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Oh boy, was this delicious, Parthenia! I was worried there might be too much brown sugar and raisins, but it was just right for two servings. It was pretty sweet, but we like our oatmeal on the sweet side. I will definitely make this again because it?s so easy to prepare, and it?s a great oatmeal recipe. The only thing I would do differently is to probably add a little more half-and-half, maybe another 1/4 cup so it?s an equal amount as the cream (and it?s more for a creamier texture, not to improve the taste because it?s really good as written). Made for the 2013 My 3 Chefs event.
- 236.59 ml of quaker oats oatmeal
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml half-and-half cream
- 14.79 ml almond extract
- 44.37 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 14.79 ml of bacardi rum
- 59.14 ml of chopped pecans
- 29.58 ml low-carb maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 1/4 cup of half & half in sauce pan.
- Add three tablespoons of splenda brown sugar, almond extract, raisins and bacardi rum.
- Heat through until hot. Stir to prevent filming.
- Once hot, add 1 cup of oatmeal.
- Cook for three minutes.
- Pour into two soup bowls.
- Drizzle low carb maple syrup.
- Add chopped pecans.