Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy and delicious casserole that can be served with just about anything. It's great for potlucks. I sometimes throw in a 4 oz can or diced green chilies or add 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese for a little zip. Or you can add one-half of a 10 oz pkg of frozen chopped spinach, very well drained. If you use spinach, add 1/4 tsp nutmeg to cheese mixture. Added later: I tried Linda's suggestion and put the cottage cheese, sour cream, onion and garlic through the food processor first and I think it is a definite improvement on my recipe. I used tri-colored farfalle (bow ties) and added 1 c sauteed mushrooms. Best yet!
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, broken up or 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese (you can use low-fat)
- 1 cup sour cream (or Imo, you can use low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika, for garnish
- Cook noodles al dente. Do no overcook!
- Mix all other ingredients, except paprika, in a large bowl.
- Add cooked and drained noodles to bowl.
- Spray a 2 qt casserole with nonstick spray.
- Pour noodle mixture into casserole dish and garnish with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
excellent. i didnt have any parsley so i used a bit of dried thyme. i also omitted the tobasco sauce. I added sauteed mushrooms and about 1/4 cup soft cream cheese i also blended the cottage cheese so it would be smooth (as someone else had mentioned on here)<br/>made a 13 x 9" dish worth.very yummy indeed
So easy and very tasty. My only critique is that we must be heartier eaters, as this reipe, made as stated without any additions other than some grated parmaesan on top, was only enouh for 6 servings in my household. Having said that, I really enojyed this dish and it lends itself to so many additions / variations. Am looking forward to trying this again with some added sauted / browned mushrooms and also with some prawns or shrimp or mixed seafood. Lovely recipe - thank you.
I made this a few weeks ago and I pureed the cottage cheese, sour cream, onion and garlic in my blender, then added in with the other ingredients and mixed in the noodles. The result was a nice smooth sauce without chunks of cottage cheese. Loved it! Thanks for sharing Pesto Lover!