Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a great and very tasty casserole, very popular at potlucks and a good company dish.
Top Review by Little Bee
Fabulous! I followed the recipe to a T except during the last 10 minutes of baking time I sprinkled it with Parmesan cheese so it would have a nice golden topping. It turned out great! Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs lean ground round
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, onion and parsley.
- Set aside.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Brown ground beef in oil.
- Drain off liquid and discard.
- Stir in tomato paste and seasonings.
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Grease a 9X13 pan.
- Begin layering as follows: 1/3 meat sauce, 1/2 noodles, 1/2 sour cream mixture.
- Repeat these layers, ending with meat sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.