Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kids get a kick out of these. Pour into maragarita glasses w/ sugar or salt around the rim. It's not necessary to partially freeze the yogurt, but it does make it more cool and "slushy." Prep time includes the partial freezing.
- 3 cups custard style lemon yogurt, partially frozen in the freezer for about 1 hour
- 2 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage, cold (such as Sprite or 7-up)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- lime slice, for garnish
- kosher salt (optional) or sugar, to rim the glasses (optional)
- Place the partially frozen yogurt, soda and lime juice into a blender and process until smooth.
- If desired, wet the rims of your margarita glasses and dip into either kosher salt or sugar.
- Pour drink into the glasses.
- Garnish w/ lime slices, if desired.
Mmm, creamy, tangy, and delicious! Tastes very much like the real thing too! ;) I added a tablespoon of frozen limeade concentrate for a boost of flavor. We served these with Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas and they hit the spot! Thanks for sharing!
This was a surprisingly wonderful drink. We made this as part of a Cinco De Mayo celebration a few years ago. My oldest son has asked for it every year since.
This is great! We love margaritas and this nonalcoholic version is wonderful. I used Sierra Mist. It was nice to be able to serve this drink to my sons. They enjoyed it. I will make this again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Kid-Friendly Tag.