Recipe by ~Leslie~
This is a delicious, garlicky creamy dressing that has no dairy. The silken tofu makes it creamy without dairy giving your salad a rich taste without a lot of fat. From The World's Healthiest Foods Website. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by PaulaG
This dressing is wonderful. It is very hard to believe that it only has 2 tablespoons of oil. It is very garlicky and creamy. I did not have the dandelion greens as suggested. I used a combination of red leaf lettuce and romaine.
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, outer leaves discarded
- 1 bunch young dandelion greens, if available
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 ounces silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water, if needed to thin dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all dressing ingredients in blender adding oil a little at a time at the end.
- Make sure you blend this dressing well so the sunflower seeds are ground.
- Stop your blender and test for smoothness. When the seeds are ground well they will make your dressing nice and creamy.
- Chop, rinse, and dry romaine and dandelion greens.
- If you have a salad spinner it is best.
- If not, pat rinsed greens with paper towels so dressing doesn’t get diluted.
- Toss greens with tomato and desired amount of dressing.