1/2 Photos of Creamy New York Deli Coleslaw
You may sustitute celery seeds for the caraway seeds if you like. Adapted from The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook, that I just got for my birthday!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -7 cups green cabbage, cored, shredded
- 6 -7 cups red cabbage, cored, shredded (or use all red or all green)
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds (or celery seeds)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small sweet onion, minced
- 1Toss the cabbage with 1 teaspoons salt and let sit in a colander for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- 2Meanwhile, toast the caraway seeds in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- 3Rinse the cabbage and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Whisk the toasted caraway seeds, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoons pepper together in a large bowl.
- 5Add the cabbage, carrots, and onion and toss.
- 6Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- 9The coleslaw can be prepared, covered and chilled a day in advance. Before serving, freshen the salad with a spoon of mayonnaise and a dash of vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy New York Deli Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (1103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 185.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: