My family is not fond of traditional potato salad, or what they call "yellow potato salad", so I concocted this out of several different recipes. It is now requested at every gathering and I always have an empty bowl! Its really good with barbecue too.
- 8 medium round red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup of very finely chopped celery
- 1 cup of good mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 (leaving skins on) and place in a medium saucepan.
- Add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool completely.
- Cut potatoes crosswise into quarters.
- Combine potato, chopped green onions, and celery in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 9 ingredients; stir well.
- Add to potato mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill several hours. *Salad is best chilled for several hours so flavors can meld.