Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An easy, very yummy potato dish that my sister brought to a family dinner. I was surprised when I found out it was made with packaged gravy mix. Kids and adults liked this one.
- 2 lbs small potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (2 2/3 ounce) packagemccormick original country gravy mix
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese, american cheese blend
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potato slices and water in a shallow glass dish; cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes or until tender; stir once after 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over med-high heat.
- Add in the onion; saute/stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add potato slices; toss gently; transfer mixture to another container and set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan over med heat.
- Gradually whisk in milk and gravy mix; whisk until texture is smooth.
- Add in the shredded cheese; whisk until cheese is melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat; add potato mixture; stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and parsley; sprinkle evenly over the potatoes.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.