Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A French inspired dish I found in a back issue of BBC Good Food magazine. The recipe uses reduced fat crème fraîche but if you can't get that just use the full fat variety.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 7 ounces low-fat creme fraiche
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄4 tablespoon dried tarragon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan.
- Season the chicken breasts, then brown for 1 min on each side. Remove from the pan, then set aside.
- Add the crème fraîche, mustards and tarragon to the pan, stirring to combine everything.
- Bring to a simmer, then return the chicken to the pan, spooning some of the sauce over the fillets.
- Lift into the oven, then bake for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked through and sauce bubbling.
- Great with green beans and rice.
*Reviewed during ZWT5 for the CHow Hounds France visit* WOnderful chicken dish and easy too :) I love quick and simple recipes. THis had a wonderful flavour and the creme fraiche made a lovely rich, smoothe sauce. Sorry I didn't get a pic tonight due to flat camera batteries
This was very tasty. I added a small shallot to the sauce. I will definately make this again sometime. Made for ZWT5.