Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Super Food Ideas. I substitute splenda for honey to make diabetic friendly. Based serving on using all in a large salad to serve 4 people.
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 14.79 ml honey (or splenda for diabetic)
- 9.85 ml apple cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml English mustard (mild)
- 0.25 ml salt
- Combine buttermilk, honey, vinegar, mustard and salt into a screw top jar. Secure lid and shake until well combined.
- Recommended to drizzle over chargrilled vegetables, roast pumpkin or pasta salad.
- Store in the jar in the fridge for up to 2 days.
The flavor of this was good, but I like a thicker salad dressing. Will make again, but will use Greek yogurt in place of the buttermilk. Made for Healthy Choices ABC.
This delicious dressing was served over a salad consisting of: heirloom lettuce (dark purplish leaves), cucumbers, red bell, carrots and white cabbage. I used local clover honey, raw organic apple cider vinegar and Coleman's mustard. The longer the dressing sits the better it tastes. Made for Make My Recipe Downunder/September.
Made this with the buttermilk, but also almost doubled the amount of mustard! Then I took the hint from Deantini's recipe & allowed it to chill in the frig for a bit over 24 hours & we had a very satisfying creamy dressing, though I was the one who particularly enjoyed the mustardy taste! Thanks so much for this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]