Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have making this light chicken recipe for years - the combination of Dijon mustard and yogurt creates a wonderful light sauce. I serve it with white rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chiken in single layer in lightly greased, oven-proof casserole.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, onions, mustard and seasonings. Spoon sauce over each chicken piece.
- Bake in 350F oven for about 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and brown under the broiler.
I made 2 servings of this and followed KelBels suggestion to cut back a bit on the Worcestershire and I used fat free yogurt. This made a yummy dish that was well enjoyed and on the diabetic friendly side. I used the remains for a toasted chicken sandwich the next day for lunch, also yummm.
I made this as written except I used ff plain yogurt. I found the worcestershire sauce was too strong. If I make this again, I would cut back the worcestershire to 1 tsp.
Very easy to make, great taste.