In 'Around My French Table' by Dorie Greenspan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces mushrooms, caps only, wiped clean (a mix of wild and cultivated)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely minced, rinsed, and patted dry
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 4 small slice brioche bread or 4 small challah, lightly toasted
- 4 poached eggs
- 1If you have large mushrooms, slice them a scant 1/4 inch thick, then cut the slices crosswise in half.
- 2If you have smaller mushrooms, leave them whole or slice them in half.
- 3What you are looking for is bite-size pieces.
- 4Put a medium skillet over med-high heat and add the butter and oil.
- 5When the bubbles from the butter have subsided, toss in the shallot and cook, stirring, until glistening and starting to soften, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms have given up their liquid.
- 7Continue cooking and stirring for another 2 minutes or so, until the mushrooms are tender, then pour in the cream.
- 8Bring the cream to a boil and cook for 3 minutes or so, until it thickens just a little, then pull the pan from the heat and stir in the rosemary and mint.
- 9Arrange the brioche on salad plates and top with the mushrooms and then the eggs.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Mushrooms and Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.6
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 234.3 mg
- Sodium 251.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 13.0 g