Don't fold these too tightly or the mixture will break through. You can assemble and freeze up to two weeks before serving. Bake unthawed - just add seven minutes to the baking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 lb button mushroom
- 1 large onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parsley, flat leafed chopped
- 24 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed 18x14 inches each
- 1Cover porcini mushrooms with boiling water in a bowl. Let stand for 1 hour. Drain well; chop.
- 2Place half of button mushrooms in a food processor; pulse 8 times or until finely chopped.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion to pan; saute 5 minutes. Add button mushrooms; cook 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates. Stir in porcini mushrooms, oregano, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese; stire until cream cheese melts. Stir in parsley.
- 4Preheat over to 375.
- 5Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface. (cover remaining phyllo to prevent drying). Cut sheet in half lengthwise; lightly coat with cooking spray. Fold each phyllo piece in half lengthwise to form a 3 1/2 inch wide strip. Spoon a level tablespoon of mushroom misture onto 1 short end of each strip, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold 1 corner of edge with 1 inch border over mixture, forming a triangle; continue folding back and forth into a triangle to end of strip. Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo, cooking spray, and mushroom mixture. Place the triangles seam side down, on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat tops with cooking spray.
- 6Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Mushroom Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 187.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried porcini mushrooms