In ‘Williams-Sonoma: The Weeknight Cook’
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs mushrooms, thinly sliced (mixed-shiitake, oyster, cremini)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb wide egg noodles or 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2In a large frying pan over med-high heat, melt the butter.
- 3Add the shallot and sauté until lightly golden, 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have softened and released most of their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the flour and stir to incorporate.
- 6Stir in the wine and the broth and cook until the wine evaporates slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 7Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream and the 2 tablespoons parsley.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Add 2 tablespoons salt and the noodles to the boiling water.
- 10Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until al dente, according to package directions.
- 11Drain, reserving about ½ cup of the cooking water.
- 12Add the pasta to the mushroom sauce and toss to combine.
- 13Warm briefly over low heat to blend the flavors.
- 14Add as much of the cooking water as needed to achieve a nice sauce consistency.
- 15Garnish with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 784.3
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 158.3 mg
- Sodium 151.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 26.0 g