Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rich and creamy and easy to make. Streaky bacon can be subbed for the veggie bacon if desired. This recipe halves or doubles very well.
- 400 g spaghetti
- 6 slices vegetarian bacon
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms or 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- 100 g gorgonzola or 100 g creamy blue cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Fry the bacon until crispy and add the mushrooms. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the bacon/mushroom mix.
- Add the spinach and crumble in the cheese. Toss over a low heat until the spinach has wilted and the cheese has melted.
Passes the kid test! Different spaghetti recipe to the norm and its a nice mix of flavours.
This turned out really dry when I made it. I added some store-bought alfredo sauce to it, though, and really enjoyed it. Nice mix of flavors!