Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 37 mins
We were seved this soup last summer on the Harmony. They served it in bread bowls as a first course but we liked it well enough to have it as a main course. It was fabulous. It can be made in advance and refrigerated until needed.
- In a heavy large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the oil and saute' until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add all of the mushrooms and continue sauteing until mushrooms have wilted and liquid has evaporated, about 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir 2 minutes.
- Gradually, stir in the chicken broth.
- Reduce heat and stir frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cream.
- Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Stir in parsley.