Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, Snipped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, Fresh Sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash pepper, Freshly Ground
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- parsley, Snipped (optional)
- In a 4-cup measure microwave the chopped onion, the 2 T snipped parsley, and butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till the onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in the sliced fresh mushrooms.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 2 to 3 minutes or till the mushrooms are tender, stirring once.
- Stir in cornstarch, beef bouillon granules, worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and freshly ground pepper.
- Add water; mix well.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power 3 to 4 minutes or till thickened and bubbly, stirring twice.
- Combine hot mushroom mixture and dairy sour cream in a blender container.
- Cover and blend till mixture is nearly smooth.
- Pour back into the 4-cup measure.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power about 1 minute or till the mushroom mixture is heated through.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Garnish with additional snipped parsley, if desired.
- After making Creamy Mushroom Soup, use this quick clean-up method to wash your blender.
- Simply fill the blender container about 1/3rd full with lukewarm water and add a small amount of detergent.
- Replace the lid and run the moter a few seconds or till the blender container is clean.
- Rinse, dry, and return the blender container to it's base.
I loved this recipe. Couldn't believe how easy it was to cook in the microwave. For those watching carbs or fat, it works well w/ nonfat plain yogurt subbed for the sour cream.
Recipe was great, and I loved the blender tip! Thanks a lot!
Very easy to prepare and incredibly tasty! A super quick, rich, creamy soup. Thanks, El Sobrante Girl! It's one of my new favorites!