Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetables, broth*
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil. Sauté onion until soft. Add garlic, sauté another minute.
- Add vegetable broth to onion and garlic. Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, melt the stick of butter over medium-high heat. Mix in sliced mushrooms and sauté for about ten minutes, until mushrooms are soft.
- Slowly add in flour, mixing until mushrooms are all covered and liquid is absorbed.
- Pour in white wine, stirring for about a minute.
- Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add broth mixture to mushroom mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and milk. Stir just until evenly heated, making sure soup does not boil.
This soup is excellent. It's also easy to make. I loved the flavor and the texture. Not too thick and not too runny; just right. The white wine added a nice subtle flavor. I made this as written and wouldn't change a thing. Thanx!