Recipe by conniecooks
Creamy, Earthy and Delicious. This is for Mushroom Lovers. Not your cream of**!** soup.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced (mixture of cremini, shitake or other wild mushrooms is nice)
- 1 ounce dried mushroom, wiped of grit (porcini or other wild mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet.
- melt 2 Tbsp butter add onion.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add garlic cook 1 more minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile soak dried mushrooms in boilng hot water about 10 minutes.
- Add dried Mushrooms to other mushrooms.
- Season with dried thyme, salt & white pepper and set aside.
- Add the mushroom soaking liquid to your stock.
- Now in a large sauce pan melt remaining butter.
- Stir in flour and cook a little until it loses its raw taste.
- Now wisk in stock & milk and cook 10 minutes add Worcestershire & Tabasco.
- Season to taste with salt & white Pepper.
- Reserve about 1 cup of the sauteed Mushrooms for garnish.
- Add the rest to your milk and stock mixture.
- Puree this mixture.
- Return to stove add 1/2 cup cream and brandy.
- Add reserved mushrooms & chopped parsley for garnish.